The origins of Energizer Holdings trace back to a couple of inventors. In 1896, W.H. Lawrence created the first consumer battery to power home telephones. Two years later, Conrad Hubert, a Russian immigrant, used these batteries to power his electric hand torch – the first flashlight.
In 1905, the two innovators got together to form what was then known as The American Ever Ready Company. Nearly a century later, in 2015, Energizer Holdings, Inc. "keeps going".
Through it all there has been one constant: a continued emphasis on innovation – from the launch of the Energizer® Inductive Charger to the world’s first AA battery made with 4% recycled batteries – Energizer® EcoAdvanced™.